Current Job Openings
Night House Manager Job Description
(Conversational Spanish )
DESCRIPTION: The Sheepfold is looking for qualified full-time staff that can help provide shelter and hope to women with children who are affected by domestic violence and/or homelessness. Each House Manager serves in various capacities to bring holistic healing to the families we serve. This is accomplished by maintaining in-home structure and managing day to day tasks of the shelter while providing sound Godly counsel. The House Manager should be prepared to work in an environment that requires flexibility and teamwork. They should have a knowledge of domestic abuse and homelessness, and the impacts it can have psychosocially, physically, and spiritually on the families that come through our program.
- Able to work within the doctrinal guidelines of The Sheepfold and have a working knowledge of the Bible.
- Oversee, manage and maintain all aspects of household operations with multiple families.
- Must be outgoing, positive, self-motivated and a team player who works cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with basic computer proficiency and an understanding or willingness to learn the basics of multiple social media outlets.
- Able to guide and teach life skills through a structured program called the Mark IV.
- Provide supportive case management services to create, implement, and inspire individual goals towards achieving self-sufficiency.
- Able to lead Daily Bible study and provide sound Biblical counsel along with prayer.
- Must have the ability to stay calm during crisis and act promptly while adhering to Sheepfold policies and procedures.
- Able to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to cook and prep food for large amounts of people.
- Have a knowledge of working with various government social service agencies.
- Able to work holidays, overnights, and weekends.
- Ability to pass a DOJ and FBI Background Check.
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking
- Manage individual family cases.
- Provide supervision to children including: child care, tutoring, developmental activities, or mentoring as appropriate and/or as needed while moms are participating in daily household responsibilities.
- Promote and maintain a professional standard of ethics and confidentiality.
- Developing and maintaining an environment where safety and health are maintained and promoted.
- Provide accountability to residents to ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain daily logs of house activities and individual resident activities and weekly reports.
- Maintain a healthy self-care routine.
- Participate in supervision both from your direct supervisor and in group House Manager meetings.
- Educate residents on domestic abuse, parenting skills, boundaries in relationships, life skills, and more.
The House Manager reports to the House Manager Supervisor
PREFERRED EDUCATION: (this is not required)
If interested please send a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com